Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Being crass and un-mannered at dinning tables half my life, for the first time in my life I had really good table manners without the company of my boss, colleagues from US, the significant other's parents and some other biggies that I thought they are worthy of seeing me in a meek way.

Now that list certainly doesnt include blockhead who had seem me chewed on fish head?? Pig inards.. pried open clams with my bloody hands and eat noodles like a japanese.. Dinning at the Flutes just prompt me to keep all those unkempt manners for that few hours and just soak in the ambience and be a socialite for that few hours!

Imagine being at a slight hill top overlooking the city lightes without overwhelming effect with the trees to soften the whole site. Sigh.. san for the few mossies which was flying ard the place was a place of class and pleasure! Wine with Foi Gras was heaven although compared to the Tarven, the size is way out. I know I suppose to stop eating Foi Gras due to the inhumane way that they force feed the animal to enable the bloating liver. I am trying!! Sigh.. My bad on that one.. But I am still off shark fins and veal.. I will slowly but SURELY quit eating foi gras.. just give me a bit of time!! Anyhow I had the chicken tarminded and blockhead had cod fish.. yums! The dessert is absolutely yummlicious as well. I wouldnt say the food is VERY VERY good but it was still decent nuff.

Anyhow.. It was like being transported to old colonial time with the old parquet floor and the 'basement' just like old houses!! The huge Frangipani tree that frame the side of the stairs leading to the restaurant just give it a Wooh.. so Singaporean flavour!

Although we are 135 smackeroos poorer after the dining experience... It did buy me some self express table manners! heheh...

0 Speak if you must:

Post a Comment

<< Home