Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So the boss didnt sack me yet so I reckon he didnt see the resume that was left on the copier. As such life continues in this freak place.. *roll eyes* on another hand I seriously need to get a new job. I am just so darn it lazy that I pisses myself off!! arrgghh...

I watched Nigella work the kitchen a couple of weekends ago while larking at my mummy dearest. I love the way she and jamie and anthony and kylie and whoever is on telly wielding the spatula like they were born with the thing attached to their hand. Although I think to put woicester sauce in bloody mary is a bit too much for us asian to stomach. I dont even think I like bloody mary in the first place..

carrying on..

so inspired I was from watching nigella whipped up food in 5 seconds that I cooked something for lunch on Saturday for the husband and me. alright I cheated.. I didnt exactly cooked as in frying and cajoling the vegetable to work with the pan and not go yellow. I boiled a pot of 'Kiam Chye duck soup' to the other it is simply known as salted vegetable with duck soup. So it was easy while I slater the duck with salt and boiled it away, cut the tomatoes, smash the ginger , take out the preserved plums and pepper and soak the salted vegetables. When the duck was ready I took out my pot put water in it and throw in all the ingredient and sat like a sitting duck (I know.. corny!). Simmer it for 1.5 hours and wa la... we have the soup ready to go with yummy rice! Our very first meal cook in our economical size kitchen. Nice..... The husband say it was very good. I reckon so actually ... haa ha.. Even an idiot wont go wrong with soup!!!

Now the only problem is that I am left with another half of the duck.. so how now yellow duck? I got to suss some receipe that calls out for duck. Wish me luck... only thing is I am going to Phuket this Thursday so my (probable disaster) adventure will have to wait. Having said that I am dying to start baking leh!! Lazy lazy...

Next time I will take a picture of the food... give this wordy blog a spark I reckon.

Industrious wannabe blogger

0 Speak if you must:

Post a Comment

<< Home