Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Darling just sms me to say it is Snowing at his workplace... *sigh* Authentic Christmas dont you think.. although it came a couple of days late.


Apart from being a Grinch on Friday, I got a tad happier as the day pass and totally love this year christmas ALTHOUGH I must say I celebrate for the wrong reasons! ha! So I got the last prize in the company lucky draw but I must say the last prize is better than say the middle prizes.. 12 packs and a watch which dad thought was nifty. Got half day from the boss and went back to wash the car and prepare to go to Hock's place. After buying groceries and stuff drove all the way to wayward Woodlands! So .. I was told I dont have to racked my brain and cook but guess who have to do the cooking in the end? They dont have the receipe of the Fish and chips and call me nostradamus but I gotten the recipe from my sis-in-law in advance because I know they pull this off every year. Imagine calling me the kitchen idiot to pull off dinner for 9! Anyway I did the marinate stuff and prepare the breaded dories and Al did the frying of the fish. WE thought it was great to be frank and I am dammit proud of it myself being my first attempt to marinate and cook fish.. Okay.. totally over-rated.. blah! Like I said.. this is my blog and I brag when I want to =P! I did the chocolate fondue and the bailey's mudslide.. SUPER YUMMY!! anyway Rave reviews.. I should go enrol in le cordon school of culinary school in London or something =P... Ok this bragging has got to stop! Ha!


Anyway we waited for Teng's brothers to come after work before we do the gift exchange. I feel damit bad this year because I didnt blardy get anyone extra gifts except for the gift exchange and teng and hock's wife got me.. I got this water fountain thing which looks good! Wherelse everyone got the lousy gifts! HA!! We played Boggle/ Jenga / Poker Cards and I end up drinking half of the baileys... Needless to say I was on a high and we were still going strong at 5AM!! I dont even remember when it officially ended but I took a seat the couch suddenly and kai started vomitting.. too much alcohol. The next thing I know it was 9am in the morning!!! If anyone knows me well nuff.. I NEVER stay away from home.. AND I must bath no matter how drunk I am after clubbing. Mum wasnt too pleased but she didnt said anything because I know she was mad that I didnt go home to bring the dog for his walk and feed it more than anything else. My mum have this thing about responsibility.. Well after 11 years of owning the dog I must say this is the first year that I 'went' this far. I dont even stay over at darling's house. I just have a thing abt sleeping at my own house. Period. Last I heard.. Kai vomitted 6 times the entire day.. Grace!


I and zohter trod back home and I slept for maybe 2 more hours before going to Kel's house for the BBQ with my pri/sec classmates! I just love her place. So... sitcom set.. you know.. ideal and nice and everything sweet and nice. She took me on a tour ard her house and after that I was the official guide. I think she trust ppl too much at times. Anyhow if anyone have this perfect little life she certainly have it! I love her garden as well.. and she was going.. 'please lah is the same as yours' Damn not so.. that's what happen when you stay in the same place for too long. You dont appreciate it .. I hang out with the gang till late and I must admit this had got to be one of the best Christmas ever complete with a gingerbread house. Because it was fun and it was... heartwarming!


Sunday was suppose to the day or rest and relax and I met up with Teng to pass her a bag and shop a little.. everywhere was hell but I manage to locate this quaint parking lots which not a lot of people know of *beam*. Bought nothing but a magazine with a 20% discount tag on it! I'm a cheapo I know!! After that went home to BIG time bad news... This had got to be the biggest damper on the Christmas holidays.


They have this big time quake near Aceh/Sumatra off indonesia seabed and that propel this amazing titanic tidal waves that washes away lifes.. Thousands of them from 7 countries in South Asia. It's always weird when it happen a year after Bam earthquake in Iraq.. I just feel sad because I was happily trodding along Phuket just last year and snorkeling with the long boat owner at Phi Phi island. I still remember the family off the shoreline at Phi PHi where we bought a couple of stuff from them. They have literally nothing in that 'provision' shop but bare necessities. Their kids playing along the coast and cycling and playing with whatever they can find on the beach. I shudder to think that Phi Phi was literally wipe out and what happen to that family? Or even for the boatman... I wonder if they are alright. I still remember the quaint restaurant that we have our breakfast and lunch and dinner at Phuket just by Patong Beach. I wonder if the folks were okay too. I just feel so disturbed by the whole event. I dont particularly donate anything to causes but I feel a need to help this time round because we were part of the Thai family for that 11 days when we backpacked there last year.


I pray that God makes everything better and we trust he will. For it is in him we trust who look upon as his children and him as our father. In the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit. Amen. Whatever religion we are may we put aside our difference and pray for a single cause for world peace and an end to the calamity that have befall us. For we belive in that one God in whatever form he is despite everything will make everything good and new like the sunrise he gives us everyday.

0 Speak if you must:

Post a Comment

<< Home